Hunger in our communities is an issue that far too many families are experiencing. A lack of nutritious meals can have long lasting effects on the physical, mental, and social well-being of all members of a family.
Catholic Charities Food Pantry Services are dedicated to providing healthy meals, increasing access to food, and developing innovative solutions to address food insecurity in a collaborative way.
With dignity and respect at the forefront of all interactions, families are offered a hand up during their most challenging times. In addition to feeding our neighbors, Catholic Charities Food Pantry Services serve as a medium for volunteerism, community engagement, and collaboration.
Traditional Food Pantry
The DCFP operates a food pantry at its office location on:
Upcoming Mobile Food Pantry Events
The Durham Community Food Pantry operates mobile food pantry events to bring groceries into the community to increase access for individuals who face barriers in traveling to the food pantry location. For more information about mobile food pantry dates and to register to receive groceries, please click the link below.
For over 25 years, the Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services have assisted families in completing various immigration related processes.
Individuals and families who qualify meet with Catholic Charities immigration staff who are accredited by the Department of Justice. Through one-on-one meetings, staff provide education on the immigration process and assist in the completion and submission of applications with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
ServicesThe services below are provided at a minimum cost. Services and appointments will be conducted by phone, email or virtually only with limited in person appointments.
- Community Educational Presentations and Workshops
- Family Petitions
- Adjustment of Status
- Temporarily Protected Status (TPS)
- Consular Processing
- U-Visas (For Victims of serious crimes)
- VAWA (For victims of domestic violence)
- Work Permits
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewals
- USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA Renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 (Work Authorization Card).
Consultation Payment & Online IntakeCatholic Charities offers the ability for potential immigration clients to complete their intake online. Steps to complete the online intake:
- Use the link below to pay the $50 consultation fee.
- Following payment, you will be directed to the online intake which you will complete and submit.
- Once your information is entered, one of our Immigration Accredited Representatives will contact you to evaluate your case and make an appointment with you.
- Are you seeking Political Asylum?
- Do you have a court date pending, and need representation?
- Do you reside outside the state of North Carolina?
- Do you have a criminal record, felony, significant misdemeanors or three or more non-significant misdemeanors?
Online PaymentIndividuals who are established clients have the ability to pay their Catholic Charities related fees online. Use the link below to access the payment page.
Catholic Charities recognizes the imbalances in access, opportunities, and resources that exist within our immigrant community. Immigration Legal Services are structured to attract all immigrants regardless of place of origin, culture, religion, or economic status. The goal is to provide help and create hope for immigrants as they establish their lives in the United States
Catholic Charities offers emergency financial assistance for utility bills such as electric, gas, or water. Funds are limited and assistance is administered on a first come first served basis. If you need assistance, please call 919-286-1964 or email DCFP@ccharitiesdor.org
The DCFP offers nutrition and wellness resources to help families make the most of the food they receive at our food pantries. It is our firm belief that everyone should have filling, nutritious meals.
Shelf-Life Guide/Guia de Usar Por Fecha
Use this shelf-life guide of our products to ensure freshness
obtene una guía de vida útil de nuestros productos para asegurar frescura