The New Bern Regional Office welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition from the following counties: Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow, and Pamlico.
Catholic Charities of the diocese of Raleigh provides professionally-trained bilingual clinical counseling services to individuals, couples, and families who:
- Are experiencing emotional distress
- Want to grow toward their full potential
- Are experiencing difficulty dealing with stress, depression or anxiety
- Desire increased skills to deal with life’s struggles
- Desire healing from grief, loss or strained relationships
Counseling Services are provided from a perspective which recognizes the emotional, behavioral, cognitive, spiritual and physical aspects of an individuals’ healing or growth. Counseling is provided by licensed mental health therapists in English or Spanish in many areas of eastern North Carolina.
Clinical counseling is also provided in the school setting. If you are a school counselor please contact our offices to request services, or for further information.
Services can be paid for with private insurance, Medicaid or through a sliding fee scale based on income and family size.
For adoption services, contact (252) 638-2188 ext 202.
Catholic Charities is providing financial assistance to help families secure safe and stable housing. Families may be eligible for assistance within the following categories: rent, utilities, and furniture. Please contact our office to learn more about how to determine if you are eligible for assistance.
The Senior Pharmacy Program (SPP) of Catholic Charities assists low-income seniors of all faiths or no faith tradition increase their ability to purchase medications to manage chronic illness. Seniors aged 60 and over receive vouchers for prescription costs and limited medical supplies. This assistance is provided through the monthly distribution of vouchers by trained volunteers or staff members. The SPP program also assist seniors to improve or maintain compliance with their medications.
For more information about the program, please visit the program page or contact the New Bern Office by phone at 252-638-2188.
Services in Support of the Family provide assistance for poor, isolated and vulnerable families in Eastern North Carolina. Families receive a comprehensive assessment of needs, which results in either initial problem-solving for many issues, or a supported referral to connect with other services within the community. Additionally, clinical counseling services are available to resolve challenging family situations. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
The goals of Services in Support of the Family include:
- Assisting families to develop skills and utilize opportunities to improve their lives
- Assisting families to establish and/or maintain stable and supportive family environments.
- Providing opportunities for families within neighborhoods and communities to meet and provide mutual support for each other.
- Helping individuals with strong leadership abilities develop skills to benefit their community.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the New Bern Office at 252-638-2188.
- New Partnership Provides Furniture to Families Impacted by Hurricane Florence December 21st, 2018 As Christmas approaches, a new collaboration between Catholic Charities and The Green Chair Project is providing families impacted by Hurricane Florence with furniture as they move into new homes. Following the devastating storm, many homes were flooded, not only forcing families to find new living spaces, but also ruining their furniture. Now, as homes dry […] Read more...
No current events for this location.