The New Bern Regional Office welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition from the following counties: Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow, and Pamlico.
Catholic Charities is providing financial assistance to help families secure safe and stable housing. Families may be eligible for assistance within the following categories: rent, utilities, and furniture. Please contact our office to learn more about how to determine if you are eligible for assistance.
We provide limited emergency financial assistance for rent and utilities (based on availability of funding). Applicants need to call the office to set up an appointment.
The Senior Pharmacy Program (SPP) of Catholic Charities assists low-income seniors of all faiths or no faith tradition increase their ability to purchase medications to manage chronic illness. Seniors aged 60 and over receive vouchers for prescription costs and limited medical supplies. This assistance is provided through the monthly distribution of vouchers by trained volunteers or staff members. The SPP program also assist seniors to improve or maintain compliance with their medications.
For more information about the program, please visit the program page or contact the New Bern Office by phone at 252-638-2188.
Services in Support of the Family provide assistance for poor, isolated and vulnerable families in Eastern North Carolina. Families receive a comprehensive assessment of needs, which results in either initial problem-solving for many issues, or a supported referral to connect with other services within the community.
Through the Services in Support of the Family program:
- Assistance with moving from homelessness into an apartment
- Assistance with Job search/procurement
- Assistance with budgeting
- Assistance matching with Rent/Utilities
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. For more information about volunteer opportunities with the New Bern Office, please email Kathleen.Landa@ccharitiesdor.org.
No current news items for this location.
- Essentials for Disaster Case Managers Virtual Training April 27th, 2021 Training Description This 4 session training addresses 10 essential topics a disaster case manager needs to know about in order to ensure success. The training provides opportunities to apply and practice this knowledge with engaging activities with other participants. For questions, please email Daniel.Altenau@ccharitiesdor.org. Training Details Attendees are required to attend ALL 4 SESSIONS […] Read more...