“The measure of the greatness of a society is found in the way it treats those most in need…”
– Pope Francis
The Durham Community Food Pantry, a program of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh, works to end food insecurity in Durham and Orange counties. The program is a collaborative effort engaging multiple partners through Durham and Orange counties to address this incredibly important need.
Check out our new recipe blog for recipes using foods we distribute at DCFP! Click here to learn more!
VIDEOS AND TUTORIALS
Click here to watch video interviews with local nutritionists, fitness instructors, and wellness professionals!
The Durham Community Food Pantry operates mobile food pantry events to bring groceries into the community to increase access for individuals who face barriers in traveling to the food pantry location. For more information about mobile food pantry dates and to register to receive groceries, please click the link below.
Catholic Charities offers emergency financial assistance for bills such as electric, gas, or water. If you need assistance, please call 919-286-1964.
- Services and appointments will be conducted by phone, email or virtually only.
- Limited in person appointments.
Our bilingual DOJ Accredited Representative can assist in the completion and submission of various legal immigration documents including, Applications for Citizenship, Naturalization, Family Based processes, DACA renewals and other immigration processes. Our professional staff also provide informational sessions to parish and community groups on immigration rights, responsibilities, and current immigration issues and resources.
Visit the Immigration page for more information about what services we provide, if you are a new client, please fill out the On-Line-Intake to better serve you.
Actualización del COVID-19
- Los servicios de inmigración se llevarán a cabo solamente por teléfono, correo electrónico, o virtualmente.
- Citas en persona serán limitadas.
Nuestro representante bilingüe, acreditado por el DOJ puede ayudarlo a completar y presentar varios documentos legales de inmigración, incluyendo solicitudes de ciudadanía, naturalización, procesos familiares, renovaciones de DACA y otros procesos de inmigración. Nuestro personal profesional también brinda sesiones informativas a la congregación parroquial y grupos comunitarios.
Visite la página de Inmigración para obtener más información sobre los servicios que brindamos. Si es un cliente nuevo, complete el formulario en línea y así brindarle mejor atención.
Due to COVID-19, all volunteers:
- Must provide their own masks before volunteering. Please contact the volunteer coordinator for more information or questions.
Box Making Assistance:
Available Shifts: Monday, 10am-3pm (2 hour requirement)
Build box and fill with pantry staples for distribution days.
Food Pantry Assistance:
Available Shifts: Tuesday mornings as well as distribution days.
- Stock shelves, sort fresh produce, pack allotment boxes
- Receive, weigh, and store canned, boxed, and refrigerated/frozen food.
- May require light, medium and heavy-duty tasks including lifting boxes of various weights, operating pallet jacks, working in chilled areas, depending on task.
- Loading food boxes into client vehicles curbside/outside (requires medium to heavy lifting).
Available Shifts: Wednesday/Thursday 9:30am-1pm and Wednesday 4:30-7pm.
- Interview clients, complete data entry and record keeping through our database by way of tablets.
- Interviews are done curbside, from driver’s window of client vehicle.
- Spanish language skills are a plus, but not required.
- Food Donations
- Food donations can be dropped off at our location from Monday – Thursday between 9:00am – 2:00pm. Please only non-perishable food items for drop off donations.
- Food Drives
- Interested in your parish or organization holding a food drive? Contact Cameron Morgan, Assistant Director, at Cameron.Morgan@ccharitiesdor.org or 919-286-1964 for more information!
- If you would like to make a financial contribution in collaboration with a specific food drive, click the “Donate” button below and enter the food drive name in the comment section.
- Donate to DCFP
- To make a general financial donation to the Durham Community Food Pantry, click the button below.
2021 DCFP Virtual Summer Wrap Up
$50 GC Parizade
$50 GC Honeysuckle
Sue Ann Glower
4 Durham Bulls tickets
Jeremy Ireland (Bilingual)
David Juarez Torres (Bilingual)
ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Full Accredited Representative
Luisa Martin-Price (Bilingual)
Americorps Nutrition Education Specialist
Maeve Gualtieri-Reed (Bilingual)