Immigration Legal Services
Through the immigration process, qualifying immigrants can be reunited with their family living in the United States and seek improved economic opportunities. However, this process can be confusing, complex, and expensive, making it challenging for immigrants to achieve.
For over 25 years, the Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services have assisted families in the completion and submission of various immigration related processes. Each year, the program assists approximately 3,000 families with the following: naturalization and citizenship, family petitions, consular processing, humanitarian visas, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Services are offered at reduced rates and financial assistance may also be available to further defer costs.
Individuals meet with Catholic Charities immigration staff who are accredited by the Department of Justice. Through one on one meetings, staff provide education on the immigration process and assist in the competition and submission of applications with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Staff also conduct community wide educational workshops and presentations.
Catholic Charities recognizes the imbalances in access, opportunities, and resources that exist within our immigrant community. Immigration Legal Services are structured to attract all immigrants regardless of place of origin, culture, religion or economic status. The goal is to provide help and create hope for immigrants as they establish their lives in the United States.
Asylum and Refugee Services:
If you are seeking Asylum or Refuge, please contact one of the following agencies listed here:
|NC Committee for Refugees & Immigrants (USCRI)||919-334-0072||https://refugees.org/uscri-north-carolina/|
|Lutheran Family Services||1-800-435-7464||NCrefugee@LSCarolinas.net|
|Church World Services||919-680-4310||https://cwsrdu.org/|
|Church World Service-||336-617-0381||MShepard@cwsglobal.org|
|Church World Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elon University School of Law||336-279-9299||Sofia Mosquera|
|NC Justice Centeremail@example.com|
|NC Justice Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Catholic Charities of Charlotteemail@example.com|
|Council of Immigrant Relations||919-322-0360||http://ciraleigh.org/connect.html|
|Carolina refugee Resettlement Agency||704-535-8803||https://carolinarefugee.org/|
The following services are provided at a minimum cost:
- Community Educational Presentations and Workshops
- Family Petitions
- Temporarily Protected Status (TPS)
- U-Visas (For Victims of serious crimes)
- VAWA (For victims of domestic violence)
- Adjustment of Status
- Work Permits
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewals
- USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA Renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 (Work Authorization Card).
- Renewal Fee is $495 by money order or check payable to Department of Homeland Security
- Catholic Charities fee is $ 125
Consultation Payment & Online Intake
Catholic Charities offers the ability for potential immigration clients to complete their intake online.
Steps to complete the online intake:
- Use the link below to pay the $50 consultation fee.
- Following payment, you will be directed to the online intake which you will complete and submit.
- Once your information is entered, one of our Immigration Accredited Representatives will contact you to evaluate your case and make an appointment with you.
Before you continue, please review the following questions:
- Are you seeking Political Asylum?
- Do you have a court date pending, and need representation?
- Do you reside outside the state of North Carolina?
- Do you have a criminal record, felony, significant misdemeanors or three or more non-significant misdemeanors?
If you answer “Yes” to one or more of these questions, DO NOT proceed, Catholic Charities will not be able to assist you in your case.
Individuals who are established clients have the ability to pay their Catholic Charities related fees online. Use the link below to access the payment page.