Immigration Legal Services
We assist in the completion and submission of various legal documents from application to Naturalization to family unification. Our professional staff also provides informational sessions to parish and community groups on immigration rights, responsibilities, and current immigration issues and resources.
Please be advised, our staff is not able to represent families or individuals who are in removal proceedings. These cases are referred to a private attorney.
Catholic Charities has several DOJ Accredited Representatives throughout the diocese who have been accredited to complete legal documentation by the Board of Immigration Appeals in the Department of Justice. These DOJ Accredited Representatives assist families and individuals with the entire immigration case process.
The following services are provided at a minimum cost:
- Community Educational Presentations and Workshops
- Family Petitions
- Temporarily Protected Status (TPS)
- U-Visas (For Victims of serious crimes)
- VAWA (For victims of domestic violence)
- Adjustment of Status
- Work Permits
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- DACA Renewals
- USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA Renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 (Work Authorization Card).
- Renewal Fee is $495 by money order or check payable to Department of Homeland Security
- Catholic Charities fee is $ 125
- As of 2018, petitions for new applications have been suspended and so far, the Department of Homeland Security only accepts DACA renewals.
- DACA Renewals
Catholic Charities offers the ability for potential immigration clients to complete their intake online. Using the link below, individuals can enter initial information about their situation that our staff will need to open your case. This will save you time when you come in for an appointment, making the process more efficient. Once your information is entered, one of our Immigration Accredited Representatives will contact you to evaluate your case and make an appointment with you.
Individuals participating in the Catholic Charities Immigration program now have the ability to pay their Catholic Charities related fees online. Use the link below to access the payment page.