Due to COVID-19, adjustments have been made to our services with no in-person activities taking place at the office. The Food Pantry and Clothing Closet continues to operate on a curbside pickup model. Please see below for more details about each of our programs.
Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition. The Greenville Offices serves the following counties: Edgecombe, Greene, Halifax, Nash, Northhampton, Pitt and Wilson.
Catholic Charities understands the importance of an individual becoming “whole” both emotionally, spiritually and physically when going through life’s transitions and challenges. Catholic Charities can assist in providing a listing of therapists in the Tar River Region.
Please contact our office for further information.
- No in person meetings. Phone calls will still be returned.
- Existing clients will be served using phone and email communications.
- Electronic referrals from partner agencies are still being accepted and reviewed.
Catholic Charities is providing financial assistance to help families secure safe and stable housing. Families may be eligible for assistance within the following categories: rent, utilities, and furniture. Please contact our office to learn more about how to determine if you are eligible for assistance.
- Schedule: Open Tuesday
- Time: By appointment only. Appointments available from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Curbside pick up only.
- For clothing closet, size orders will be taken over the phone when appointments are scheduled.
We provide healthy foods and nutritional awareness to our communities. Individuals and families can access our food pantry once every 30 days and will be provided referrals to other community food banks. Families seeking assistance with food will also be screened for other needs which Catholic Charities can either address, or make a referral to a community partner.
- No in person appointments.
- Services will be conducted by phone and email only.
Our bilingual DOJ Accredited Representative can assist in the completion and submission of various legal immigration documents including: Applications for Citizenship, Naturalization, and Family Based processes. Our professional staff also provide informational sessions to parish and community groups on immigration rights, responsibilities, and current immigration issues and resources.
Please call 252-355-5111 for more information.
Visit the Immigration page for more information about the services we provide, and how to fill out the On-Line-Intake
In the spirit of the Christmas season, Catholic Charities organizes the Wrapped with Love Christmas Program to connect families with toys that can be shared with their children.
Due to COVID-19, our program will look much different than previous years. To keep everyone safe, healthy, and to maintain social distance, we have moved our application online.
for more information about the Wrapped with Love Christmas Program.
We offer client centered services to meet the client where they are to either enhance resume, interview, and job search skills, and or to teach financial literacy/ budgeting. Services are available via referral or by appointment.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Greenville Office at 252-355-5111.
No current news items for this location.
- Essentials for Disaster Case Managers Virtual Training April 27th, 2021 Training Description This 4 session training addresses 10 essential topics a disaster case manager needs to know about in order to ensure success. The training provides opportunities to apply and practice this knowledge with engaging activities with other participants. For questions, please email Daniel.Altenau@ccharitiesdor.org. Training Details Attendees are required to attend ALL 4 SESSIONS […] Read more...