Due to COVID-19, adjustments have been made to our services with no in-person activities taking place at the office. The Food Pantry and Clothing Closet continues to operate on a curbside pickup model. Please see below for more details about each of our programs.
Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition. The Greenville Offices serves the following counties: Edgecombe, Greene, Halifax, Nash, Northhampton, Pitt and Wilson.
Catholic Charities understands the importance of an individual becoming “whole” both emotionally, spiritually and physically when going through life’s transitions and challenges. Catholic Charities can assist in providing a listing of therapists in the Tar River Region.
Please contact our office for further information.
- No in person meetings. Phone calls will still be returned.
- Existing clients will be served using phone and email communications.
- Electronic referrals from partner agencies are still being accepted and reviewed.
Catholic Charities is providing financial assistance to help families secure safe and stable housing. Families may be eligible for assistance within the following categories: rent, utilities, and furniture. Please contact our office to learn more about how to determine if you are eligible for assistance.
- Schedule: Open Tuesday
- Time: By appointment only. Appointments available from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Curbside pick up only.
- For clothing closet, size orders will be taken over the phone when appointments are scheduled.
We provide healthy foods and nutritional awareness to our communities. Individuals and families can access our food pantry once every 30 days and will be provided referrals to other community food banks. Families seeking assistance with food will also be screened for other needs which Catholic Charities can either address, or make a referral to a community partner.
- No in person appointments.
- Services will be conducted by phone and email only.
Our bilingual DOJ Accredited Representative can assist in the completion and submission of various legal immigration documents including: Applications for Citizenship, Naturalization, and Family Based processes. Our professional staff also provide informational sessions to parish and community groups on immigration rights, responsibilities, and current immigration issues and resources.
Please contact Rafael Lopez, DOJ Accredited Representative, by email
Rafael.Lopez@ccharitiesdor.org or at 252-355-5111 to schedule an appointment (Mondays Only).
Visit the Immigration page for more information about the services we provide, and how to fill out the On-Line-Intake
We offer client centered services to meet the client where they are to either enhance resume, interview, and job search skills, and or to teach financial literacy/ budgeting. Services are available via referral or by appointment.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Greenville Office at 252-355-5111.
- Volunteers in Times of COVID 19 August 7th, 2020 Catholic Charities offices have had to face many challenges in 2020 due to COVID-19. One important aspect keeping services running during this time has been volunteer support, but that has not been without it’s own hurdles. Together, staff and volunteers have found a variety of ways to continue providing vital resources to the community in […] Read more...
- Responding to the Greenville Community during COVID-19 May 26th, 2020 Over the past few months, COVID-19 has transformed how people go about their daily lives. Many businesses have temporarily closed, leaving workers struggling to afford necessities like groceries each week. During this challenging time, one thing that hasn’t changed is the commitment of Catholic Charities to serve the Greenville community. Early in the spread of […] Read more...
No current events for this location.