Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition, living in the following counties to participate in services: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover, and Pender.
Looking for ways to support our office? Check out our Amazon Wishlist!
See below for more details about each of our programs. Please note that our Emergency Financial Assistance program is only for utility assistance and by appointment only.
For Burgaw Social Services, visit Burgaw location page.
Disaster Case Management is available to assist eligible families recovering from Hurricane Florence. To receive assistance, please schedule an appoint by contacting the Cape Fear Regional Office at their mainline, 910-251-8130.
Tuesday and Friday only: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
The Catholic Charities Wilmington food pantry serves those who are hungry in the Cape Fear area through distribution of non-perishable emergency food. This service is provided by staff and volunteers in partnership with the community, without regard to race or religion.
Individuals or families in need may come to the food pantry once every 30 days to receive a 3 – 4 day supply of groceries. People without kitchen access receive a small bag of no-cook food items and are served weekly. Those requesting food are asked to show identification and describe their needs.
Pender County Food access:
Hours: Thursday: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Catholic Charities clients from Pender County in need of food assistance are encouraged to utilize the St. Joseph Food Pantry located at 1303 Highway 117 South, Burgaw. During food pantry hours, individuals also have access to health education, health screenings, emergency assistance, and case management services provided by Catholic Charities.
If you are considering donating food or funds to keep the pantry stocked, some of the most requested items are:
|· Peanut Butter||· Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, etc.)|
|· Cereal||· Silk Milk|
|· Granola bars||· Pop top canned vegetables|
|· Rice||· Pop top canned fruit|
|· Pasta||· Fruit cups|
|· Protein drinks and bars||· Apple Sauce|
|· Beans||· Oatmeal|
- Services and appointments will be conducted by phone, email or virtually only.
- Limited in person appointments.
Our bilingual DOJ Accredited Representative can assist in the completion and submission of various legal immigration documents including, Applications for Citizenship, Naturalization, Family Based processes, DACA renewals and other immigration processes. Our professional staff also provide informational sessions to parish and community groups on immigration rights, responsibilities, and current immigration issues and resources.
Visit the Immigration page for more information about what services we provide, if you are a new client, please fill out the On-Line-Intake to better serve you.
Actualización del COVID-19
- Los servicios de inmigración se llevarán a cabo solamente por teléfono, correo electrónico, o virtualmente.
- Citas en persona serán limitadas.
Nuestro representante bilingüe, acreditado por el DOJ puede ayudarlo a completar y presentar varios documentos legales de inmigración, incluyendo solicitudes de ciudadanía, naturalización, procesos familiares, renovaciones de DACA y otros procesos de inmigración. Nuestro personal profesional también brinda sesiones informativas a la congregación parroquial y grupos comunitarios.
Visite la página de Inmigración para obtener más información sobre los servicios que brindamos. Si es un cliente nuevo, complete el formulario en línea y así brindarle mejor atención.
Emergency Utility Assistance:
- Assistance is available to low and moderate income families who live in New Hanover, Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, and Pender counties.
- Funds are used to help families pay their utility bills as a means to prevent homelessness.
- To access this service, call 910-251-8130 to make an appointment with a case manager.
- Due to limited resources, all individuals and families are screened and must go through an intake process.
- Please bring photo ID, copy of your bill, and proof of emergency at your time of appointment.
For Pender County Residents Only
To complete an Emergency Utility Assistance application electronically, download and complete this form.
To apply, please email the following documents to Jo-El.SidburySmith@ccharitiesdor.org:
- Completed application
- Please submit proof of income (Benefit award letter, pay stubs, letter from employer(s)
- Most recent bill reflecting their utility usage (disconnection notices are not accepted)
- Pick Up Hours: Tuesday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Catholic Charities is the distribution site for the Lower Cape Fear Diaper Bank. Low-income families can access 30-50 diapers once every 30 days.
- Baby clothing sizes newborn to 24 months.
- Families can shop in the baby room once every 60 days.
- Other baby items:
- Availability based on donations.
- Frequently in stock items include: formula, baby food, blankets, bouncy seats, toys, etc.
Hygiene and Household Cleaning items:
- Individuals and families can access these items monthly during emergency assistance hours.
- Frequently in stock items include:
• Shampoo • Conditioner • Detergent • Body Wash • Hand Soap • Toothbrushes • Dishwasher Soap • Toilet Paper • Paper Towels • Lotion
- Call before you come to ensure we have what you need.
Interested in Volunteering: Tour with us before you volunteer to learn more about Catholic Charities. Our organization would not be possible without the support of our volunteers and we are so grateful for the impact they make in our community!
Catholic Charities is seeking volunteers for the following Programs:
9:30 am to 11:30 am Tuesday through Friday
- Assisting Clients to Vehicles
- Bagging Food
Emergency Assistance Program
9:30 am to 11:30 am Tuesday – Friday
Complete client and family intakes. Must have good interpersonal skills and have basic computer skills. Requires dedication, reliability, and a sincere interest in helping individuals and their families in the Cape Fear region.
- Donation pick-ups
Pick up locations include the Diaper Bank of the Lower Cape Fear and Costco. Must have reliable transportation.
- Job List
Assist with compiling job list for the Cape Fear area to distribute to clients.
Other volunteer needs:
- Christmas Toy Program (opportunities from October-December)
- Construction/moving/heavy lifting
- Disaster Recovery
- Event Committee/Planning
- Graphic Design
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Wilmington Office at 910-251-8130.
No current news items for this location.
No current events for this location.