Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition, living in Pender County to participate in services.
Financial assistance is available to assist eligible families recovering from Hurricane Florence. To receive assistance, please contact the Cape Fear Regional Office at 910.251.8130.
St. Joseph Food Pantry:
Hours: Thursday: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Catholic Charities clients from Pender County in need of food assistance are encouraged to utilize the St. Joseph Food Pantry located at 1303 Highway 117 South, Burgaw. During food pantry hours, individuals also have access to health education, health screenings, emergency assistance, and case management services provided by Catholic Charities.
Emergency Utility Assistance:
- Assistance is available to low and moderate income families who live in New Hanover, Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, and Pender counties.
- Funds are used to help families pay their utility bills as a means to prevent homelessness.
- To access this service, call 910-251-8130 to make an appointment with a case manager.
- Due to limited resources, all individuals and families are screened and must go through an intake process.
- Please bring photo ID, copy of your bill, and proof of emergency at your time of appointment.
For Pender County Residents Only
To complete an Emergency Utility Assistance application electronically, download and complete this form.
To apply, please email the following documents to Jo-El.SidburySmith@ccharitiesdor.org:
- Completed application
- Please submit proof of income (Benefit award letter, pay stubs, letter from employer(s)
- Most recent bill reflecting their utility usage (disconnection notices are not accepted)
Services in Support of the Family provide assistance for poor, isolated and vulnerable families in the Cape Fear Area. Families receive a comprehensive assessment of needs, which results in either initial problem-solving for many issues, or a supported referral to connect with other services within the community. Services are provided in English and Spanish. For more detailed information about this program, please visit the Services in Support of the Family page.
Services in Support of the Family in Pender County are focused on family health and safety. Services offered under this program include:
|• Case management and goal setting||• Health workshops|
|• Advocacy||• Domestic and Family violence screenings|
|• Translation Services||• Developmental screenings for children|
|• Health Screenings||ages birth to 5|
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
To find out how you can volunteer, please call the Burgaw Office at 910-251-8130.
No current news items for this location.
No current events for this location.