Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition, living in the 54 most eastern counties in North Carolina to participate in services.
Catholic Charities of the diocese of Raleigh provides professionally-trained bilingual clinical counseling services to individuals, couples, and families who:
- Are experiencing emotional distress
- Want to grow toward their full potential
- Are experiencing difficulty dealing with stress, depression or anxiety
- Desire increased skills to deal with life’s struggles
- Desire healing from grief, loss or strained relationships
Counseling Services are provided from a perspective which recognizes the emotional, behavioral, cognitive, spiritual and physical aspects of an individuals’ healing or growth. Counseling is provided by licensed mental health therapists in English or Spanish in many areas of eastern North Carolina.
Clinical counseling is also provided in the school setting. If you are a school counselor please contact our offices to request services, or for further information.
Services can be paid for with private insurance, Medicaid or through a sliding fee scale based on income and family size. To make an appointment, call the following numbers:
Immigration specialists are located in the locations listed below. To receive immigration assistance, please contact the office nearest you.
Tar River Office, Greenville (252) 355-5111
Cape Fear Office, Wilmington (910) 251-8130
Raleigh, Centro para Familias Hispanas (910) 873-0245
Services in Support of the Family provide assistance for poor, isolated and vulnerable families in Eastern North Carolina. Families receive a comprehensive assessment of needs, which results in either initial problem-solving for many issues, or a supported referral to connect with other services within the community. Additionally, clinical counseling services are available to resolve challenging family situations. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
The goals of Services in Support of the Family include:
- Assisting families to develop skills and utilize opportunities to improve their lives
- Assisting families to establish and/or maintain stable and supportive family environments.
- Providing opportunities for families within neighborhoods and communities to meet and provide mutual support for each other.
- Helping individuals with strong leadership abilities develop skills to benefit their community.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Goldsboro Office at 910-947-0802.
- Cans for Charity raises more than 3OO food items for Catholic CharitiesAugust 5th, 2016It was a balmy evening on Friday, July 29th for the Catholic Charities Cans for Charity event with the Carolina Mudcats. This was the second game of the two part “Pitch in for Charity” series that Catholic Charities organized over the summer. Over one hundred fans came out to watch the Carolina Mudcats take on […] Read more...
- Cans for Charity at Carolina Mudcats GameJuly 19th, 2016On Friday, July 29th, Catholic Charities will be hosting a “Cans for Charity” game with the Carolina Mudcats. Fans who donate three cans of food at the game will receive a $3 discount on the $10 box seat special. Cans that are collected at the game will be distributed among three food pantries which serve […] Read more...
- Catholic Charities Disaster Services Helping a Wayne County FamilyMarch 9th, 2016On Wednesday, February 24th, Ms. Josefina Garcia and her three daughters were at home when severe thunderstorms passed through eastern North Carolina. Ms. Garcia described the experience, “I looked out through the window and everything was dark. My girls were in another room and I ran toward them. We thought the house was going to […] Read more...
- Newton Grove Office BlessingOctober 22nd, 2015Catholic Charities will celebrate the blessing of the Newton Grove Regional Catholic Charities Office in Goldsboro by Bishop Michael F. Burbidge on Monday October 26th at 4:30 p.m. A light reception will follow the event. The Newton Grove Regional office serves the community by providing: services to help families develop economic self-sufficiency; programming to ensure family […] Read more...
- Newton Grove School Supply DriveJune 12th, 2015The Catholic Charities Newton Grove Regional Office in Goldsboro will be conducting a School Supply Drive this summer. Please see the flyer below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact the Newton Grove Office at (919) 947 – 0802. Read more...
- Better Parenting TrainingOct. 5thWere parenting classes recommended to you? Do you have the desire to improve your parenting style? We are here to help you. Read more...
- Pitch in for Charity – Carolina Mudcats GameJul 29Join us for our canned food drive with the Carolina Mudcats! If you have further questions, please contact Gabby Amos, by email or at (919) 821 – 9750. Carolina Mudcats Game Canned Food Drive Game Info: Carolina Mudcats v. Potomac Nationals Date: Friday July 29th Time: 7:00 p.m. Additional Information: Donated cans will result in […] Read more...
- Goldsboro Office Community Blood DriveJune 2ndSchedule your life saving appointment today for the Newton Grove Office Community Blood Drive in Goldsboro on Thursday June 2nd! Read more...
- Better Parenting Training Join us for our group parenting sessions from March 23rd through April 20th! For more information or to make a reservation, please call the office at 919-947-0802. Read more...