You will need:
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (or butternut squash). DO NOT use “pumpkin pie mix.” This has added sugars. Look instead for “pure pumpkin” or make your own!
- 1/2 cup of milk (whatever you have–cow milk, coconut milk, etc). If you do not have milk, you can substitute with a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Ginger (fresh or powdered)
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the onion and sauté over medium heat with oil until translucent. Add in minced garlic gloves and cook for a few more minutes.
- If available, blend or purée the cooked onions and garlic.
- Add pumpkin purée, onions and garlic, and milk to a medium sized pot.
- Mix in ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm with roasted vegetables.