You will need
- 2 garlic cloves crushed (does not have to be diced)
- White Onion (approximately half a cup, to taste. More can be added after blending if needed).
- chicken bouillon – approximately 1 tablespoon (add more after blending if needed)
- Cilantro to taste (about ¼ cup chopped)
- 4 jalapeños or 4 chiles serranos (you can add less or more depending on how spicy you want it. Note: Serranos are spicier than jalapenos)
- 8 tomatillos (The more tomatillos you add, the less spicy it’ll be. Be sure to avoid large tomatillos as the larger they are, the more bitter the taste will be.)
- Boil or fry the peppers and tomatillos until soft. The peppers take longer to cook and soften so you start them off first and then add the tomatillos.
- Add the garlic, onion, cilantro, peppers, tomatillos, and chicken bouillon into the blender. It is not necessary to add water as the tomatillos have enough water in them.
- After blending, taste and add salt, garlic, onion, peppers, to your preferred taste.