fema-2Homeowners, renters and business owners in the following counties are urged to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as they may be eligible for disaster assistance

Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Dare, Duplin, Edgecombe, Gates, Greene, Harnett, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, Pender, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Tyrrell, Washington, Wayne and Wilson .

Residents should register with FEMA even if they have insurance, but only if their property was damaged by the floods or wind-driven damage. They should register with FEMA even if they have registered for help from other agencies such as the American Red Cross, disaster-relief organizations, or community- or faith-based organizations.

U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – Low-interest disaster loans from the Small Business Administration may also be available to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance. (Important: You need to sign up with the Small Business Administration even if you do not own a business to receive future FEMA benefits.)

For flood insurance questions, please call 800-621-3362 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and select option 2.

Ways to Register:

  • Online: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
  • By Phone: 1-800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585
  • In Person: Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Download the FEMA App to find the nearest location.

Information and Documents You Will Need:

  • Social Security number
  • Address of the damaged home or apartment
  • Description of the damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • A current contact telephone number
  • An address where you can receive mail
  • Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds