- Let your thawed venison marinate in vinegar or lemon/lime juice for a few hours. This is not necessary but it will cut some of the gamey taste.
- Add the venison, about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and salt/pepper to a skillet. Let slowly cook over low heat. Remove from heat once the meat has browned and is fully cooked. About 10 minutes.
- Heat your diced onion over medium heat until it turns translucent (about 7 minutes). Stir in the minced garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add your tomato sauce/diced tomatoes/tomato paste and a little olive oil to the onions and garlic. Stir in salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and basil (or whatever you have!).
- Let simmer until the sauce is as thick or thin as you like.
- Stir in the cooked venison and serve over spaghetti.