You will need:
- 4-5 turnips
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and peel 4-5 turnips.
- Remove the root top and cut each turnip into quarter chunks.
- Cook in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until the turnips are soft enough to be penetrated with a fork. Once cooked, drain the turnips.
- While the turnips cook, peel 1-2 cloves of garlic. Wrap the garlic cloves in tin foil and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Once browned, use a fork to squish the cloves.
- Mash the cooked turnips with a fork or masher.
- Stir in the roasted garlic, butter, milk or cream, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust to your liking.