You will need:
- About 6 apples. Any kind works but soft apples, such as Fuji or Golden Delicious, are easiest to use.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash and cube your apples. The size can depend on how chunky you like your applesauce. You can peel them if you prefer no skins, but I like the added texture.
- Add the apples, about a 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and spices to a medium sized pot.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until the apples are soft.
4. Using a fork, squish the apples against the side of the pot to make the texture more smooth (optional)
5. Enjoy hot off the stove and refrigerate the leftovers!