Roasted Cheesy Artichokes
Have you ever prepared a whole artichoke? I definitely had not but when we got in a whole pallet of artichokes a few weeks ago, I learned! This roasted cheesy artichoke recipe adapted from Tasty was DELICIOUS.
You will need:
- 1 artichoke
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup parmesan (or whatever cheese you have)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut the stem off of your artichoke and the top inch or so of the leaves.
- Use a pair of scissors to trim the tops of all of the leaves.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the artichoke and drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the top and in between the leaves.
- Spread the garlic all over and in between the leaves.
- Place on a piece of tinfoil and add the cheese and parsley over the top and in between the leaves.
- Wrap the artichoke and bake for about an hour and a half.
- Unwrap and enjoy! To eat: Pick a leaf off and use your teeth to scrape the meaty part off. Discard the rest of the leaf. Once the leaves are gone, cut or tear off the feathery, pink section to get to the artichoke heart at the bottom. Dip in butter or your favorite sauce!