Catholic Parish Outreach, or CPO, is a program of Catholic Charities that seeks to fight hunger in Wake County. CPO serves all in need in the Raleigh Deanery (Wake, Johnston, and Franklin Counties) regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, etc. To learn more about CPO’s hours, upcoming events or staff, please visit their webpage.
Support Circle Program for Homeless Families
The Support Circle Program is a yearlong program to empower families experiencing homelessness to secure and maintain permanent housing. The program leverages the power of partnerships with caring adults who provide moral, spiritual and practical support to build upon the strengths of the families.
Churches, synagogues, mosques and other organizations are invited to organize teams of 6-10 volunteers to partner with a family for at least one year. Support Circles work with the family around critical needs for personal growth and development, putting them on the path to economic self-sufficiency and building community.
Support Circle teams work with families to: secure permanent housing, create and adhere to a financial budget, improve their ability to earn more through job skills training opportunities, mentor children in the family, address child care and transportation issues, improve access to needed health and social services, provide support that will foster the strengths in their assigned family and provide moral and spiritual support.
The Support Circle Program receives funding from Wake County, the City of Raleigh and private & individual donations.
To learn more about The Support Circle Program, please contact Sharon Mitchell at Sharon.Mitchell@ccharitiesdor.org
Wrapped with Love allows Support Circle and Pride for Parents families to purchase donated Christmas Gifts for their immediate household families for a nominal fee. Not only does this provide clients the opportunity and dignity to select Christmas gifts for loved ones, but the funds raised from the sales go back to the emergency assistance program, creating a dual impact! We are also proud of our unique children’s shop which allows children to proudly shop for their parents/guardian.
Click here to learn more about the Wrapped with Love Christmas Program.
The St. Michael’s SHARES ministry is a parish based program with a full time Family Case Manager who will help families achieve, or move closer to, self-sufficiency and more stable lives as part of the Catholic Charities Family Advancement Services Program.
To learn more about St. Michael’s hours, upcoming events, or staff, please visit their webpage.
• Are experiencing emotional distress
• Want to grow toward their full potential
• Are experiencing difficulty dealing with stress, depression or anxiety
• Desire increased skills to deal with life’s struggles
• Desire healing from grief, loss or strained relationships • Behavioral dysregulation for children ages 3+
Counseling Services are provided from a perspective which recognizes the emotional, behavioral, cognitive, spiritual and physical aspects of an individuals’ healing or growth.
Services are $35 for uninsured or low income individuals/families.
Caridades Católicas de la Diócesis de Raleigh brinda servicios de asesoramiento clínico bilingüe con capacitación profesional a personas, parejas y familias que:
• Están experimentando angustia emocional.
• Quieren crecer hasta alcanzar su máximo potencial.
• Tienen dificultades para lidiar con el estrés, la depresión o la ansiedad.
• Desean aumentar sus habilidades para afrontar las luchas de la vida.
• Deseo de curación del dolor, la pérdida o las relaciones tensas.
Los servicios de asesoramiento se brindan desde una perspectiva que reconoce los aspectos emocionales, conductuales, cognitivos, espirituales y físicos de la curación o el crecimiento de un individuo.
Los servicios cuestan $35 para personas/familias sin seguro o de bajos ingresos.
For over 25 years, the Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services have assisted families in completing various immigration related processes.
Individuals and families who qualify meet with Catholic Charities immigration staff who are accredited by the Department of Justice. Through one-on-one meetings, staff provide education on the immigration process and assist in the completion and submission of applications with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
ServicesThe services below are provided at a minimum cost. Services and appointments will be conducted by phone, email or virtually only with limited in person appointments.
- Community Educational Presentations and Workshops
- Family Petitions
- Adjustment of Status
- Temporarily Protected Status (TPS)
- Consular Processing
- U-Visas (For Victims of serious crimes)
- VAWA (For victims of domestic violence)
- Work Permits
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewals
- USCIS strongly encourages you to submit your DACA Renewal request between 150 days and 120 days before the expiration date located on your current Form I-797 (Work Authorization Card).
Consultation Payment & Online IntakeCatholic Charities offers the ability for potential immigration clients to complete their intake online. Steps to complete the online intake:
- Use the link below to pay the $50 consultation fee.
- Following payment, you will be directed to the online intake which you will complete and submit.
- Once your information is entered, one of our Immigration Accredited Representatives will contact you to evaluate your case and make an appointment with you.
- Are you seeking Political Asylum?
- Do you have a court date pending, and need representation?
- Do you reside outside the state of North Carolina?
- Do you have a criminal record, felony, significant misdemeanors or three or more non-significant misdemeanors?
Online PaymentIndividuals who are established clients have the ability to pay their Catholic Charities related fees online. Use the link below to access the payment page.
Catholic Charities recognizes the imbalances in access, opportunities, and resources that exist within our immigrant community. Immigration Legal Services are structured to attract all immigrants regardless of place of origin, culture, religion, or economic status. The goal is to provide help and create hope for immigrants as they establish their lives in the United States