Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition, living in the 54 most eastern counties in North Carolina to participate in services.
Catholic Charities of the diocese of Raleigh provides professionally-trained bilingual clinical counseling services to individuals, couples, and families who:
- Are experiencing emotional distress
- Want to grow toward their full potential
- Are experiencing difficulty dealing with stress, depression or anxiety
- Desire increased skills to deal with life’s struggles
- Desire healing from grief, loss or strained relationships
Counseling Services are provided from a perspective which recognizes the emotional, behavioral, cognitive, spiritual and physical aspects of an individuals’ healing or growth. Counseling is provided by licensed mental health therapists in English or Spanish in many areas of eastern North Carolina.
Clinical counseling is also provided in the school setting. If you are a school counselor please contact our offices to request services, or for further information.
Services can be paid for with private insurance, Medicaid or through a sliding fee scale based on income and family size.
Catholic Charities of the diocese of Raleigh provides tangible assistance to meet basic needs of families by responding with food, clothing, baby items, and/or some limited discretionary financial assistance.
Please contact the Catholic Charities office closest to you to determine the type of emergency assistance they are able to provide you. You can find the locations of our food pantries here.
To receive immigration assistance from our specialists, please contact the office nearest you.
Tar River Region, Greenville: 252-355-5111
Cape Fear Region, Wilmington: 910-251-8130
Raleigh Region, Centro para Familias Hispanas: 910-873-0245
Visit the Immigration page for more information about what services we provide.
Catholic Charities case workers will assist pregnant families with the following services:
- Work with pregnant women and families, and new families, as they prepare for birth and begin to establish a healthy environment in which to raise their child.
- Referrals for clinical counseling, free of charge.
- Provide health education and tangible resources to help families raise their children in healthy and loving homes.
- We partner with other community agencies such as Project Gabriel, Birthchoice, and Project Rachel and Catholic parishes to support pregnant families.
Services in Support of the Family provide assistance for poor, isolated and vulnerable families in Eastern North Carolina. Families receive a comprehensive assessment of needs, which results in either initial problem-solving for many issues, or a supported referral to connect with other services within the community. Additionally, clinical counseling services are available to resolve challenging family situations. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
The goals of Services in Support of the Family include:
- Assisting families to develop skills and utilize opportunities to improve their lives
- Assisting families to establish and/or maintain stable and supportive family environments.
- Providing opportunities for families within neighborhoods and communities to meet and provide mutual support for each other.
- Helping individuals with strong leadership abilities develop skills to benefit their community.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Hertford Office at 252-426-7717.
- My Experience as an Intern – Liz, BSW CandidateJune 23rd, 2016As a student at East Carolina University, we are assigned our internships as part of the Bachelor of Social Work program. After being assigned to work at Catholic Charities, I began researching what they did and was very excited to see all of the services offered to the community. The interview process was very refreshing; […] Read more...
- New Clothing Closet and Food Pantry Open in Hertford OfficeAugust 11th, 2015The Catholic Charities Regional Office in Hertford is now offering a new service, a Clothing Closet and Food Pantry. Monica Raynor, Albemarle Regional Director, explains why this new service is being provided. “There is a lot of unmet need in the community. Other service providers in the area have limited distribution times for clothing and […] Read more...
- Albemarle School Supply DriveAugust 3rd, 2015The Catholic Charities Albemarle Regional Office in Hertford will be conducting a School Supply Drive this summer. Please see the flyer below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact the Albemarle Office at (252) 426 – 7717. Read more...
- New Office Opens in GreenvilleJuly 23rd, 2015On Wednesday evening, July 22, 2015, Bishop Michael F. Burbidge blessed the new regional office of Catholic Charities for the Tar River Deanery. The new office, in Greenville, will provide much needed new space for staff, volunteers and interns in the region, and benefit clients as well. “I am most grateful to all those who […] Read more...
- July / August Edition of NC Catholics Now OnlineJuly 7th, 2015Learn about how Catholic Charities Clinical Family Support Specialists help families in the Tar River and Albemarle Deaneries. The English version can be found on page 9 and the Spanish version can be found on page 29. Click here to view the full magazine. Read more...
No current events for this location.