Hurricane Matthew Response
Catholic Charities is responding across the Diocese, from Wilmington to Windsor, to help families impacted by Hurricane Matthew. We are providing food gift cards, baby items, toiletry kits, and cleaning supplies to help families recover from this tragic event. As families begin to recover, we will provide assistance to help them through the challenging process of finding permanent shelter. Please consider making a monetary donation to our Disaster Services program, which is currently assisting Hurricane Matthew victims. Monetary donations will allow us the most flexibility to meet the varying needs of families impacted by the storm. If you would like to make a non-cash donation of goods, please contact Gabby Amos at (919) 821 – 9750 or Gabby.Amos@raldioc.org.
2O16 Catholic Charities Appeal
Catholic Charities touched the lives of nearly 59,000 people in fiscal year 2016. Catholic Charities meets the needs of individuals and families by providing help through Emergency Assistance, Disaster Services, Legal Immigration Services, Parish and Community Engagement and Services in Support of the Family.
To support these services, please consider participating in the 2016 Catholic Charities appeal.
Your Gifts Mean So Much
Donate online using our secure online portal for your gift of $5 or more. Your gift can be used wherever it is most needed, or you can designate your gift to a specific location or program. Contributions make lovely memorials or can be made in honor of birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations and more. Catholic Charities is a non-profit, 501(C)3 organization and, as such, donations are tax deductible within federal guidelines. Your sacrificial gifts and prayers are appreciated.
What Your Donation Can Do
- $25 Groceries for one week for a family of four (bulk procurement keeping prices low)
- $100 One psychotherapy counseling session with a licensed professional
- $200 One parenting skills development class for four families
- $250 Emergency heating assistance for two families during the winter
- $500 Sponsors a program on Respect Life Issues, Immigration Reform, or other topics promoting peace and justice
- $1,000 One month of travel expenses to provide outreach services in remote parish locations
- $3,000 Portion of rental subsidy to ensure housing for one year for a family transitioning from homelessness
Kathleen Walsh Charity Fund
The “Kathleen Walsh Charitable Fund” is available to families of Catholic Charities who have the opportunity, but need financial assistance, to advance their education, employment or secure permanent housing. Clients are selected to receive funds through recommendations from across the diocese by Priests, Pastoral Administrators, Deacons and Catholic Charities staff.